Thursday, April 26, 2007

its the simple things in life

thirteen simple pleasures

week #27

1. waking up on saturday morning without the alarm clock

2. napping beneath ceiling fans

3. making homemade banana splits

4. cool clean sheets again bare shoulders

5. holding hands

6. wiggly tiny baby toes

7. pressed black dress shirts that are completely free of all cat hair

8. feeling grass between my toes

9. ice cold diet coke

10. grilling steaks on the new grill

11. kitties that curl up and purr on you

12. tipping your head back for a mouthful of fake whipped cream from a can

13. i can't think of a last one; what's your favorite simple thing?

9 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger Jenny McB said...

    My ultimate favorite simple thing was having a baby sleep on my chest. I loved the peacefulness of it. Now my babies are taller than me.

    What a nice idea for a list! Thanks for the smile.

     
  • At 10:33 PM , Blogger KarenW said...

    Listening to my kids read aloud.

     
  • At 2:21 AM , Blogger Marie said...

    it's the simple things in life that bring the most joy!!! thanks for reminding me that!!! great list for this week!

     
  • At 4:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mine's reading a good book in the sun (beach, backyard, camping) with a cat or dog curled up in my lap.

     
  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger Robyn Mills said...

    The golden hour before sunset

     
  • At 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    trying to tape christmas bows to the cats head.

    shredding paperwork. i know that's weird, but playing with the shredder just gives me a lift.

     
  • At 2:13 PM , Blogger Crazy Working Mom said...

    *sigh* great list! :)
    I can't wait for Saturday...only I have a 20 month old. He's worse than an alarm clock, he has no snooze button! Heh heh

     
  • At 5:49 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

    That's a very good list. I'm so ready for summer! My TT13 is up at http://anyapples.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 6:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Mine would be making my husband laugh..

    Great 13!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home