Thursday, July 20, 2006

who's ready for popcorn?

Thirteen Favorite Movie (and 1 TV) Quotes
(Week #5):


1 A Few Good Men:

Lt Daniel Kaffee: you can’t handle the truth!

2 A Fish Called Wanda.

Wanda: To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I’ve known sheep who could outwit you. I’ve worn dresses with higher IQs, but you think you’re an intellectual, don’t you, ape?
Otto: Apes don’t read philosophy.
Wanda: Yes they do, Otto, they just don’t understand it!

3. Alien: Resurrection.

Johner: I heard you, like, ran into these things before.
Ripley: That’s right.
Johner: Wow, man. So, like, what did you do?
Ripley: I died.

4 Apocalypse Now:

Lt Colonel Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

5 Breakfast Club

Bender: What do you guys do in your club?
Brian: In physics we, uh, we talk about physics, uh, properties of physics.
Bender: So it’s sorta social, demented and sad, but social. Right?

6 Buffy, season 5

Xander: I’m sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, its over. I’m finished being everybody’s butt-monkey.
Buffy: Check, no more butt-monkey.

7 Dr. Strangelove:

President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

8 The Godfather:

Michael: I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.

9 Mallrats:

Brodie: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega.

10 Mystery Men

The Shoveler: we’re not your classic superheros. We’re not the favorites. We’re the other guys.

11 Pulp Fiction

Mrs. Mia Wallace: a five dollar shake.
Buddy Holly: how do you want that shake: martin and lewis or amos and andy?
Mrs. Mia Wallace: marin and lewis
Vincent Vega: did you just order a five dollar shake?
Mrs. Mia Wallace: ummhh.
Vincent Vega: that’s a shake…that’s milk and ice cream.
Mrs. Mia Wallace: last I heard.
Vincent Vega: that’s five dollars? You don’t put bourbon in it or nothin’?
Buddy Holly: no.
Vincent Vega: just checking.

12 Silence of the Lambs:

Dr. Hannibal Lecter: A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

13 When Harry Met Sally:

Another diner in the café: I’ll have what she’s having.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:33 AM , Blogger Code Yellow Mom said...

    Hey, thanks for stopping by my T13! This is a great list...some of the movies I haven't thought about for a while!

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

    EXCELLENT idea for a TT! Interestingly, I was just thinking about "When Harry Met Sally" earlier today. That's got to be one of the best movies ever.

    My TT is also quotes this time, just general quotes. Check it out when you get a moment. :)

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger J-Dawg's Realm said...

    Thank you so much for stopping by my first T-13. Very much appreciated. This is getting very addictive! Is there a magic pill for this LOL. I started reading last time's and I had to finish commenting on this one first. Stop by mine anytime. Looks like I have alot of reading ahead of me. Love your blog.

    J-Dawg

     
  • At 8:31 PM , Blogger Booklogged said...

    That diner scene in Harry Met Sally was the funniest thing ever.

    How do you get the writing inside your TT header?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home