Monday, July 24, 2006

mirror mirror on the wall

a friend of mine, dt, once said something about me being vane, and it always bothered me. i just never thought of myself as being vane. there are lots of days when i shower, dress, and dash out the door without thought of fixing hair or makeup. i'm not a slave to fashion. at the very minimum, i want my clothes to be more or less clean and somewhat recently in style. other than copious amounts of hair dye, waxing, and a few tattoos, i've never outright altered my appearance, and if i could change anything, it wouldn't be something visible to just everyone. i want to have movie star abs. you know what i'm talking about, you see the half naked girls in the movies or in the magazines at the checkout stand. i don't want their fame or fortune or weird lifestyles, i just want their abs. but sadly, unless my fairygodmother gives them to me, its probably not ever going to happen. they simply require more sit ups a day than i am willing to do. sigh.

before you start to think i'm a complete sloth, i have signed up for a walkathon this fall. 10 miles. wow that seems so long when you put it into print! and i've already started training for it. i'm walking several times a week and i'm keeping myself accountable to a couple of people i've met through TT. they are all starting to get into shape for their own reasons, but we email back and forth about what we have done and encourage each other. if you'd like to be a part of that, stick an email address in a comment.

and so, after that, i really need to get up off the couch...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi,
    Thanks for playing Miss Elainie. I enjoyed reading your answers.
    I took your poll about having a good summer.
    Have a wonderful day.

     
  • At 11:57 AM , Blogger Renee Nefe said...

    Yay for you! I used to do those 10mile walk-a-thons, but then they started getting shortened to 10K and then even shorter...what's up with that?
    Yay for you for taking on this challenge.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home