Wednesday, November 14, 2007

last chance movies


13 movies on our last chance list
(week #33)


i am suddenly more of a homebody than normal. somewhat doctor imposed. somewhat self imposed. honestly, you would think that if you broke your back, they would give you more guidelines. the only thing anyone has specifically said is #1 wear the back brace at ALL TIMES and #2 do no lift anything over 5 lbs (though the discharging nurse at the hospital misread and said 51 bs at first and in her defense, the L did look like a 1) . so does that mean everything else is ok? i mean, obviously i need more guidelines; after all i did do something stupid that resulted in injury. since i'm kind of traped inside these four walls, andrew and i have tried to be as creative as possible in making our own fun. we've read. we've played board games. we cleaned out the sweater bin. we investingated what was currently living in the hall closet and underneath the bed. and now we are down to picking through the dvd shelves.


we picked through the dvd shelves and pulled out a bunch of movies to try and sell at the used dvd store. several pulls were easily agreed upon by us both. however, some were put into the maybe pile. maybe we hadn't given the film a fair shake. maybe we wouldn't mind seeing it just once more, but didn't necessarily want to own it forever. maybe one of us had never seen the movie, and so couldn't say for sure that we didn't want it anymore. so while none of these are on my least favorite list, i hope that none of them listed below are on your favorite list. they are all just maybe sorts of movies.

1. the rook.
2. ghost world.
3. the outsiders.
4. lost in translation.
5. panic room.
6. broken flowers.
7. american beauty.
8. gothika.
9. lady killers.
10. the good girl.
11. fahrenheit 911.
12. dark water
13. a bridge to far



view other thursday thirteeners

9 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hope you are well and feeling better before you know it! Happy Thursday 13 to you.

     
  • At 9:16 PM , Blogger jenn said...

    I like The Outsiders as a tenn. Haven't seen it in years though.
    Happy TT!

     
  • At 10:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have both read and watched the outsiders and i love it! Thabks for sharing this with us! :0)

     
  • At 11:27 PM , Blogger Raggedy said...

    I have only seen #7. I must be behind in my movie watching.
    Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
    My TT is posted.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Happy TT'ing!
    *^_^
    (=':'=)
    (")_ (")Š
    Raggedy

     
  • At 11:58 PM , Blogger Lori said...

    Great list...I actually own Gothika. Ive done a list like this too..I will be posting it soon:) Happy TT.

     
  • At 12:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good list. I have seen 4, 5 and 11.

     
  • At 1:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, I loved 4, 7 and 11, but 5 was really a bad film. I wanted to see "Dark Water" since I loved The Ring, but I never did..hmmmm.

     
  • At 4:30 AM , Blogger *Rae* said...

    Only movie on that list I have seen is American Beauty it was a good movie happy TT-http://inraesworld.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 7:03 AM , Blogger DrillerAA said...

    LadyKillers is the only one I've seen. The rest must be so bad I haven't even heard of most of them.
    But then again, I don't get out much.
    Get well soon!!
    Happy TT

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home