Thursday, December 07, 2006

rest in peace, my evil mr kitty


thirteen things about mr. kitty
week #16

there's isn't too much to introduce this time. for no particular reason, i haven't mentioned my cat too much here. i guess better late than never. this week was a hard one.

mephistocat: 4/8/2000 - 10/4/2006

1. my fat cat was a gift. while i didn't get to take him home then, i choose him when he was just days old.

2. his official name was mephistocat. before i got to take him home, in the summer of 2000, i visited new orleans. there was a fabulous shoe store named mephistopheles. marlow tells us that faust sold his soul to mephistopheles, the devil. mephisto is short for that and as a cat, it's mephistocat. he's really lived up to his name. but then my husband came along and it was just mr. kitty after that.

3. mr. kitty's mom was short haired. he's dad was a local tom, long haired. mr. kitty was quite tubby, as all good kitty's should be, but his only long hair was also on his tummy, making him look extra fat. hee hee.

4. he wasn't my cat. i was his person. if you have a cat, you understand the difference.

5. mr. kitty dressed up for christmas fun:

6. mr. kitty was terribly fond of licking elbows. i can't tell you how many times i would wake up in the night because he was licking my elbow. i took to wearing long sleeved shirts to bed because of this. so very weird.

7.

8. as you can see from the picture above, mr. kitty's favorite toy was the green string. we bought toy after toy but he nabbed a string from a green sweatshirt and never really took to anything else.

9. mr. kitty also loved to eat the houseplants. in his mind, he was clever and sneaky. would wander up to the plant. stand near it. look at me. inch closer. yawn. during the yawn, a bit of plant might accidentally fall into his mouth. clearly, the plant wanted to be eaten, it was out of his control.

10. who among us can't spend hours playing in a box?

11. mr. kitty had a nack for ruining important things. he soiled a suitcase, a box of dvds (most in the cardboard boxes which are remarkably absorbent), and one of andrew's army hats (only a couple of hours before deployment).

12. going along with #12, mr. kitty hated andrew. with a fiery fiery passion. the funniest thing that ever happened, i didn't even get to witness. i don't remember what the scuffuffle was over. i imagine it was over who got to sit on the couch or can andrew make the bed without the cat being inside it or something. but mr. kitty got just so so very mad that he accidentally pooed ON HIMSELF. in the same way that small children might laugh until they accidentally wet themselves. mr. kitty was just so mad and then so stunned and then so ashamed/embarrassed and then he ran off, as i guess i would too if i'd just done that. ha ha ha.

13. mr. kitty passed out after a night of too much fun:


view other participants

21 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM , Blogger Tug said...

    I'm sorry to hear...RIP Mr. Cat.


    Happy TT!

     
  • At 9:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    As a non-cat lover, I want to know what it is that has so many TT's focused on cats! I haven't focused on my dog. Maybe I am missing something in my lack of attention to cats.

     
  • At 9:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a sweet kitty. I'm sure he's over the Rainbow Bridge right now being annoyed by my ferrets that have passed on ;)

     
  • At 9:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cute Kitty. Poor Kitty.

     
  • At 9:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cats are amazing and it takes a special personality to get along with them. I have cats and can relate to all the points on your list.

     
  • At 10:09 PM , Blogger Rashenbo said...

    Ahhhh, some cute pictures of Mr. Kitty. My parent's cat is Miss Kitty... she's about 16 years old now... It's hard for me to call a cat anything but Miss Kitty.

     
  • At 10:10 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

    Very cute kitty!

    Happy TT!

     
  • At 10:16 PM , Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

    Aww, I'm sad Mr.Kitty's no longer around. He was handsome!!

    Happy TT!

     
  • At 10:38 PM , Blogger Hen Jen said...

    I loved your TT! So sorry about your loss. I love his name. Great pictures, thanks for sharing him with us.
    someone was wondering what is up with all the cat TT's...I have to admit I did one by my hen last month. I do have a cat, haven't done one about him yet.

    nice visiting, mine is up!
    Happy TT!

     
  • At 10:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mr. Kitty was such a handsome kitty. It seems like he was a lot of fun to have around!

     
  • At 11:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I... I don't know what to say. I had no idea.

    This happened during the whole "Who knows where I will be living or what I will be doing?" fiasco?!! Geez. Life is not fair.

     
  • At 12:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Such a cuddly gorgeous kitty! I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

     
  • At 12:20 AM , Blogger Le laquet said...

    Aww bless you. So sorry that you lost your bundle of fun.

     
  • At 1:51 AM , Blogger Scribbit said...

    You ought to get to know Sadie Sadie Married Lady, she's a fellow cat lover.

     
  • At 6:34 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

    Yes our cats own us too. RIP Mr Kitty.

     
  • At 9:45 AM , Blogger Sparky Duck said...

    Im with ya hun, as Kittie is not doing brillantly presently, but you have lots of great memories and pictures with him to hold onto.

    And yes, we are there people!

     
  • At 10:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is just too sweet. He sounds like a perfectly wonderful kitty.

    Happy TT.

     
  • At 11:11 AM , Blogger Sylvia Day said...

    What great pics you have of him! ((hugs)) for your loss.

    Happy TT.

     
  • At 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ah, yes, string, aluminum foil balls, and those plastic tabs off of the milk carton are the best cat toys ever.

    Happy TT.

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Blogger armywife said...

    oohh, i forgot about milk carton tabs. last time i moved, i found a dozen underneath the couch. i never gave him one so he must have nabbed them off the counter or out of the trash when i wasn't looking.

     
  • At 9:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can relate to all - I have 4 cats and one is a fat cat too. You have some great pics to remember him by.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home