Thursday, December 14, 2006

hunting and gathering


thirteen things about apartment hunting and moving cross country
week #17


1. apartment hunting is both harder and easier from 2500 miles away

2. i am completely amazed at the information you can find online and how vastly different a place can be from their website. the pictures are often miraculously better than reality.

3. apartment personel are always smiling, they always laugh at your jokes, they usually compliment you on your earrings, shoes, hair, etc.

4. before i owned a washer and dryer, i couldn't find an apartment with them. now that i have a fabulous set of my very own and want to move with them, i cannot find an apartment without them.

5. because my company builds apartments (and its a shame that i cannot have one of them), i suspect that i ask leasing agents very annoying questions when i am visiting new apartments

6. isn't this a lovely floor plan:


7. we are picking up a big huge truck next week. i hope my husband can drive it...

8. i didn't start packing until tonight. *fret*

9. thankfully my parents are coming this weekend. they aren't union so i'm putting them to work round the clock.

10. my new apartment complex has a fitness center and i pinky swear that i'll work out more often

11. i don't even like to swim but i can't wait to lounge by here:

12. we are moving between christmas and new years. i think that must be about the most inconvenient time EVER to move.

13. i just can't wait! we are going to start a new life in a new place and i just can't wait!



view other participants

23 Comments:

  • At 10:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That pool looks GREAT!!! Good luck.

     
  • At 10:13 PM , Blogger Tug said...

    NICE...is this Vegas? Lived there for 10 years, LOVED.IT.

    Happy TT!!

     
  • At 10:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I would think that it'd be harder just because you don't get a feel for what it'd really be like to live there... And it's too bad about your washer and dryer. I've found that problem with fridges when moving around in LA.

    By the way, the floor plan looks wonderful! :) AND that swimming pool looks great. How exciting!

     
  • At 10:18 PM , Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

    The pool's gorgeous! And is that the layout of the new place? If so, looks nice. If not, too bad you couldn't find it...

    Best of luck for a smooth move and happy TT!

     
  • At 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Can I lounge by that pool too?

    Happy TT!

     
  • At 10:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Where is that? I could live there! ;)

     
  • At 10:25 PM , Blogger Christie O. said...

    I moved cross country once and you're exactly right! It was easier and harder! Good luck on the move, the pool is absolutely refreshingly gorgeous!

     
  • At 10:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    That is so cool! I love the view from where you will be lounging.

    Green with envy now.

    I'm up!

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm all for a new place and a new life! I would have a tough time leaving my family...but would love to get the heck out of here. :)

    I hope you can find time to enjoy your Christmas and New Years!

    Happy thursday!

     
  • At 11:10 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

    Oh, I think that pool is calling to me!

    Happy TT!

    I’m up!

     
  • At 11:19 PM , Blogger Rashenbo said...

    Yes, it is a nice floor plan! And I like that pool! Awesome! You sound really excited. Congratulations!

    Happy TT!

     
  • At 11:25 PM , Blogger Janet said...

    Good luck with your move! That pool looks awesome :-)

     
  • At 11:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've had a lot of practice with moving! The place looks wonderful...esp. the pool! Good luck and Happy TT!

     
  • At 12:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The floor plan looks awesome. Moving - or at least the packing bit - can be horrific. Hope your move goes smoothly.

     
  • At 2:47 AM , Blogger bernie said...

    good luck on the move - I linked to you from my TT 13 Prescriptions and what Doctors really Mean

     
  • At 7:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for sharing this great list!
    Good luck on your move =)


    Happy TT from Germany,

    Sanni

    P.S.: Blogger does not want me to comment using my identity today =(
    If you like to visit me, please come around here... Thanks a lot!

     
  • At 9:49 AM , Blogger Sparky Duck said...

    Have you seen the pool, it really looks like this?? Im moving for sure now!

     
  • At 10:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I was moving this time last year from sunny SC to chilly MN! Wow can't believe its been a year already.

    Good luck on your move!

    I played too

     
  • At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck with your move. When my husband got out of the military, he packed the house. I just don't do well with that kind of thing. LOL I probably would have broke all of our dishes.

    I love being able to see all the cool places online.

    My TT is up too.

     
  • At 4:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ohhh, is that really a picture of the pool by your new place??

    There is a degree of excitement with moving to a new place...new beginnings.

    My 13 are up.

     
  • At 4:19 PM , Blogger N. Mallory said...

    "the pictures are often miraculously better than reality."

    I noticed this about house-hunting. Must be the angles and the filters on the cameras. ;)

    Good luck with the move. I just moved over Thanksgiving with my non-union parents helping. Non-union has lots of opinions. But they were great help! :P

     
  • At 12:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    that pool looks so inviting. Hope the move goes well for you

    happy TT

     
  • At 2:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Sounds like you have been busy..What a lovely pool..

    Mine is still up

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home