Wednesday, September 20, 2006

i love magnets




thirteen things on my fridge
week #11
i adore magnets and have a great many on my fridge. so many that most aren't holding anything up, they are just hanging onto the fridge looking like a fun time. and i'm kind of weird about my collecting habits. i also collect shot glasses. i want to buy my own shot glasses from only places i've been. i'm just not that excited about ones purchased by other people from places i've never gone. BUT, i never, which means rarely rarely, buy my own magnets. i seem to only want ones gifted to me by other people while they are at fun exotic locations (or sometimes found at mundane places like the kitchen store in the mall and used as stocking stuffers, etc.)

1. a german stein purchased by andrew, my amazing husband, while in germany in 2005

2. under a couple of magnets are the obligatory coupons, some probably expired

3. a french breakfast tray purchased by my mom while on layover in paris

4. i also have the fall church choir schedule pinned up by a couple of magnets

5. i have a collection of madona, most with child (i think there are over a dozen in the set but only five are pictured here), that i purchased while visiting maryann in arizon, but she talked me into buying them (being named mary herself and raised catholic and all) so i think these still count

6-7. the fuzzy lion toy has magnets in his toes! so he walks across the fridge! its just the cutest thing ever!! this was a stocking stuffer from andrew the first year we dated (the other stocking stuffer was a chapstick cozy/key chain and between the two items, i knew it was true love). the other item shown is one of many chinese carryout menus stuck to my fridge.

8. there are several other take out menus pinned up including patchen thai with the best veggie tempura in town

9. i have a note pad shaped like an orange slice, great for grocery lists

10. noah's ark pair of magnets bought on ebay. one is just the boat and animals, the other is the boat on the water, so its sort of a story/timeline thing

11. and there are a couple of recipes pinned up, including the famous chocolate gravy (terribly bad for you and oh my gosh yummy on extra buttery biscuits: warm 4 cups milk and 1 t vanilla on med heat; mix separately 1 cup sugar, 3-4 T flour and 3-4 T cocoa; pour 1/3 milk into dry ingredients to make a paste; return past to soucean with remaining milk; stir unti it thickens but don't ever let the milk boil). i cannot give this any higher of a recommendation than that sort of eye's roll/shudder sort of memory goodness

12. a german cuckoo clock also bought by andrew but given to me in 2004 after he was stationed there for a while

13. these are supposed to be dancing pigs. i worked at a kitchen store while in college and that is what the corporate discription of them was: 'dancing pigs.' and, well, not to be overly graphic because this is generally a family friendly site and also my mom reads this blog...*blush*...but we all had quite a time laughing at the magnet because it was sort of top heavy and so sometimes the pigs fell over and 'danced' horizontally. naturally when the store went out of business, i had to nab the 'dancing' pig magnet




view other thursday participants

9 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM , Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

    Like all of them. They are beautiful.
    My TT13 is up too.

     
  • At 9:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    cool magnets!
    i usually too have lots of clectic magnets but my boy started tossing them when he would have a fit so for now they are in a tupperware container and my fridge is naked.
    cute list.
    my tt is up now

     
  • At 9:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    that text color is wicked hard to read against the red LOL! I think I'm blind now! I have lots of magnets on my fridge, too, most of 'em were Mom's.

     
  • At 9:39 PM , Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

    Dude. What are those pigs doing?

    Great list! Happy TT!

     
  • At 9:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have one of those cool magnetic notepads that are great for making grocery lists on, too. Mine is a "Honey Do" list that has all kinds of cute saying around the border.

    Great list ~ loved the pics!

    Mine's up ~ have a great Thursday.

     
  • At 11:09 PM , Blogger Jennfactor 10 said...

    I like magnets, too! My mom had a brass sculpture of frolicking doplhins that just looked, well, much like your piggies. I think she still has it up in her house somewhere...

     
  • At 1:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    love it ... I am all about some magnets.
    I couldn't narrow it down to 13 unless I just took 13 pictures. = )

    I must say the stein is my favorite -- tho I am biased ... I heart germany.

     
  • At 3:03 AM , Blogger Wendy Ann Edwina D'Cunha e Pereira said...

    You really have some nice magnets there... Quite a fine collection indeed.... I love magnets myself

    Happy Thursday

     
  • At 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those are really nice.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home